New users can use BetMGM Massachusetts bonus code TOPACTION to claim the $200 now. If you’re in any other state, you can still use BetMGM bonus code TOPACTION but you’ll get a $1,000 first bet on the house.
BetMGM is one of the biggest sportsbooks in the country, trailing only FanDuel and DraftKings in market share. Its iconic casino brand has helped it make a dent in the budding U.S. market.
Just use TOPACTION at checkout or click the link below to get started.
Will BetMGM Have a Better Offer Available in Mass. After Launch?
It’s impossible to predict how sportsbooks will change their offers as new markets develop, but we can look at the two most recent state launches and their standard offer to make our best judgment call.
- Standard offer: $1,000 first bet on the house. This means you have to risk $1,000.
- Ohio launch: Bet $10, get $200 if the NFL team you bet gets a single passing yard (and other, similar offers in other sports)
- Maryland launch: Same as Ohio. Bet $10, get $200 if the NFL team you bet gets a single passing yard (and other, similar offers in other sports)
BetMGM has occasionally offered exclusive bonuses to Action Network users, like a $1,000 first bet on the house plus $50 in bonus bets.
The big advantage of the Massachusetts pre-registration offer is that there’s no deposit required, which is a big advantage over the previous state launches.
How BetMGM Bonus Bets Work
Alright, so how can you actually cash in and use this offer? It’s pretty straight forward.
Bonus bets are like a credit — you keep any profits from using bonus bets, but you don’t keep the bet itself. For this promo, you’ll get four, $50 bonus bets. They can’t be split down any further than that.
Let’s say I take a $50 bonus bet and put it on the Celtics at +110 against the Bucks in a hypothetical matchup.
- If the Celtics win, I’ll profit $55 ($50 x 1.1) but I don’t keep the credit itself. I’ll now have $55 cash that’s withdrawable, plus $150 in bonus bets remaining.
- If the Celtics lose, I’ll have $150 in bonus bets remaining.
States Where BetMGM Operates
BetMGM will soon operate in more than 20 states, putting it on par with DraftKings and FanDuel. MGM has monopolies in Mississippi (where you can bet on the BetMGM app, but only inside casinos) and Washington D.C., which has geo-restrictions around Nationals Park.
Here are the best codes to use by state, though the offer will be different depending on where you’re located.
- TOPACTION: In Massachusetts, you’ll get $200 in bonus bets with no deposit. In all other states, you’ll get a $1,000 first bet on the house.
- ACTIONPOINT: Get $200 in bonus bets if the NBA team you bet scores a single point. Available in only Ohio, Louisiana, Maryland, Illinois and Kansas.
Check out our video breakdown for the pros and cons of BetMGM Sportsbook.
Here are a few reasons I use BetMGM:
- Golf finishing position bets. BetMGM is the only legal U.S. book I know of that pays out ties for top 5, top 10 and top 20 bets in full in golf. So if you bet Jordan Spieth to finish top 10 at the Arnold Palmer Invitational at +500 and he ties for 10th with four other players, your payout would remain +500, instead of being chopped to +125.
- First TD insurance: Sadly, we’re out of the NFL season, but BetMGM offers a wonderful first touchdown insurance promo on TNF and MNF. If your player doesn’t score first, you get up to $25 back in bonus bets. Other books offer variations of this — like you only get the bonus bets if your player scores later in the game.
- Favorites when betting the NFL. Take a look at this data we pulled — BetMGM has the best price on NFL favorites against the spread abotu 23.5% of the time among major U.S. Sportsbooks.
- Worst Price 11%
- Below Market 21.50%
- In-Line With Market 27%
- Above Market 17%
- Best Price 23.50%
Of course, that makes it a place you probably won’t be betting many NFL underdogs at BetMGM.
Can I Sign Up at BetMGM if I Don’t Live in Massachusetts?
You can — the only requirement is that you must bet while physically located inside the state. Check out our complete guide to betting while traveling.
When signing up, be sure to use your real name and real address, even if you live out of state. Sportsbooks use your info and the last four digits of your Social Security Number to verify your identity. If you use a fake address, or the address of your AirBNB in Mass., you won’t be able to deposit or bet.
There’s nothing illegal about signing up and betting if you don’t live in the state but are currently in that state, Massachusetts included.
If you or a loved one is experiencing problems with gambling and needs support, call 1-800-327-5050 or visit https://helplinema.org’ to speak with a trained specialist free and confidentially 24/7
How would you rate this article?
This site contains commercial content. We may be compensated for the links provided on this page. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. Action Network makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information given or the outcome of any game or event.